ABOUT THIS COURSE
The term digital marketing refers to the use of digital channels to market products and services in order to reach consumers. This type of marketing involves the use of websites, mobile devices, social media, search engines, and other similar channels. Digital marketing became popular with the advent of the internet in the 1990s.
Digital marketing involves some of the same principles as traditional marketing and is often considered a new way for companies to approach consumers and understand their behavior. Companies often combine traditional and digital marketing techniques in their strategies. But it comes with its own set of challenges, including implicit bias.
- Digital marketing involves marketing to consumers through any number of digital channels, including websites, mobile devices, and social media platforms.
- This form of marketing is different from internet marketing, which is exclusively done on websites.
- Digital marketing is a broad field, including attracting customers via email, content marketing, search platforms, social media, and more.
- One of the biggest challenges digital marketers face is how to set themselves apart in a world that is oversaturated with digital marketing ads.
- Digital marketing comes with various challenges, including implicit bias.
WHAT YOU\’LL LEARN
By the end of this micro course, you\’ll be able to:
- Define and understand the digital marketing ecosystem across platforms, channels, and tactics.
- Formulate digital marketing strategy with objectives/goals that deliver business value.
- Explore the business and consumer impacts of digital transformation within the context of marketing.
- Apply customer-centric frameworks and develop practices to build digital experiences.
- Develop and maximize Digital Marketing Campaigns/Initiatives and deliver a Digital Measurement Plan.
Competencies/skills developed in this micro course include:
- Strategic Thinking
- Customer Centricity
- Marketing Strategy
- Digital Campaign Briefing and Management
- Planning and Measuring Digital Marketing