ABOUT THIS COURSE
If you work in the scientific community or in health care and you want to write more effectively about your field, this course is for you. Whether you want to write for the mass media, specialist publications, or for your colleagues, this course will focus your thinking, sharpen your wits and ignite your writing. Come immerse yourself in the dynamic currents energizing science, medicine and public health communications with award-winning journalist Paul Webster.
WHAT YOU\’LL LEARN
- Understand what constitutes good writing about science, medicine and public health.
- Tools to make science, medicine and public health relevant, understandable and interesting to lay readers.
- Become familiar with the market for journalism about science, medicine and public health.
- Complete a brief story, a full news story, a blog and a short feature.
- Come away with several story pitches.