ABOUT THIS COURSE
Not everyone is a natural networker, but being able to connect with the right person at the right time for the right reasons is a valued skill that helps build relationships to get a job, find a mentor, or advance your career. In this workshop, you’ll stop seeing networking as a necessary evil and discover opportunities to learn and engage with new people and your current network. You’ll emerge with a better understanding of your fears and how to address them in specific situations. You’ll learn to approach networking with excitement, curiosity, and an open mind about how it can help you reach your career and life goals.
WHAT YOU\’LL LEARN
- Understand why you’re afraid of networking and how to address your fears.
- Create favourable first impressions.
- Ask the right questions and know why small talk is big.
- Listen well and with intention.
- Be more comfortable and confident with strangers.
- Build and maintain new relationships by gaining trust and credibility to form a diverse and select network.