About this course
This introductory micro course provides a gentle introduction to programming in Python and its applications in the world of big data. As organizations continue to digitize and generate increasingly large amounts of data, open-source tools like Python can enable data manipulation and exploration, machine learning, and statistical analysis in a scalable manner. A basic understanding of Python enables businesses to take advantage of available data to drive business strategy and value.
Analyzing data with Python is an essential skill for Data Scientists and Data Analysts. This course will take you from the basics of data analysis with Python to building and evaluating data models.
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
- Predictive Modelling
- Python Programming
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization (DataViz)
- Model Selection
WHAT YOU\’LL LEARN
By the end of this micro course, you\’ll be able to:
- Understand and apply basic Python programming techniques for data analysis.
- Import and manipulate csv and Excel files using Python.
- Produce insights from data using NumPy and Pandas.
- Create effective data visualizations using Python.
Competencies/skills developed in this micro course include:
- Python programming
- Conduct heuristic data analysis
- Manipulate and organize data for analysis
- Use descriptive statistics to gain insights from data