ABOUT THIS COURSE
Applied Artificial Intelligence is a peer-reviewed scientific journal covering applications of artificial intelligence in management, industry, engineering, administration, and education, as well as evaluations of existing AI systems and tools and their economic, social, and cultural impact.
Applied AI is the branch of artificial intelligence that brings it out of the lab and into the real world, enabling computers and computer-controlled robots to execute real tasks.
4 main types of artificial intelligence
- Reactive machines. Reactive machines are AI systems that have no memory and are task specific, meaning that an input always delivers the same output. …
- Limited memory. The next type of AI in its evolution is limited memory. …
- Theory of mind.
Modern Artificial Intelligence (AI) systems often combine techniques from many sub-disciplines: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Planning, Intelligent Agents, etc. In this course, you’ll build your knowledge of techniques that can be built into AI’s that allow them to reason about their current situation and plan their next move. You’ll build AIs that can learn to play games and need to trade off exploiting strategies they already know are useful vs. exploring new strategies that may be even better. You’ll be ready to apply these techniques to solve real world problems such as finding adaptive strategies for dealing with difficult customers or optimizing use of parking spaces.
WHAT YOU\’LL LEARN
- Create your own intelligent software agents
- Use logical inference and probabilistic reasoning techniques to enable them to make decisions with incomplete information
- Use Reinforcement Learning to enable the agents to learn winning strategies through experience
- Combine these techniques with those of Machine Learning and Deep Learning to enable your agent to learn to perform complex tasks
- Apply what you’ve learned to business and scientific problems